Oh John Lennon, I wish! But I am certainly grateful every time strawberry season arrives!
Strawberries are a blessing for the body and mind as well as the taste buds. They are loaded with fiber and vitamins & minerals including vit C & K, folate, manganese, and potassium. Strawberries are also rich in amazing phytonutrients like anthocyanins that are believed to help burn fat, boost memory, build bone health, reduce inflammation, and stave-off cancer and cardiovascular disease!
For 2 servings, blend until smooth:
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen strawberries (option to add ice if using fresh berries)
- 1 cup steamed-then-frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut water
- 2 Tbsp white chia seeds
- 1 to 2 Tbsp almond butter (omit for nut-free)
- 2 servings collagen peptides (or 2 Tbsp shelled hemp seeds or 1 scoop natural protein powder of choice)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- raw honey (nonvegan), pure stevia or maple syrup to sweeten as desired