For these tasty treats, I started with a Simple Mills grain-free banana muffin mix. As per my usual antics, I boosted the muffins with healthy fats, protein and adaptogens, too!
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Greek or coconut yogurt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 box Simple Mills banana muffin mix
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp gelatinized maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare muffin tray with silicone liners or grease lightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, water, yogurt, and coconut oil.
- Add-in the muffin mix, collagen, coconut and maca and whisk until well-blended. Fold-in the pecan pieces.
- Pour batter into muffin cups to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cool, serve, and enjoy! These muffins can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days or frozen for up to 2 months.