Who can resist the classic peanut butter and banana combination?!? This delightfully creamy treat is reminiscent of an ice cream sundae — except it's healthy enough for breakfast! I enjoy this smoothie bowl with a spoon and crunchy toppings, but it can be turned into a drinkable shake by adding your favourite nondairy milk.
Turmeric is the golden ingredient here. It gives the smoothie its beautiful yellow colour and is also thought to be one of the most effective disease-fighting spices on the planet!
For 2 servings, blend together until smooth:
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup yogurt (nondairy or Greek yogurt)
- 3 to 4 Tbsp natural peanut butter (or substitute nut butter)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground turmeric
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp plain or vanilla protein powder or collagen peptides (optional)
- sweeten with banana alone or add raw honey (nonvegan), pure stevia or maple syrup as desired
Serve with your favourite toppings for added texture, flavour and nutrition. Here I have used gluten-free puffed quinoa, peanuts and berries.
This recipe was first published on Instagram April 4, 2017.