Spinach and mango work beautifully together. And the superfood boost from chlorella, spirulina, moringa, and matcha make this green smoothie a true marvel!
In my house, we are absolutely mad for mangoes. In fact, during Alphonso mango season, we buy them by the case!
There are over 1000 varieties of mangoes in existence. Each type has a unique flavour and texture. Alphonso mangos are native to western India and are a national obsession during the short season from late March through June. They have smooth, creamy, golden saffron-coloured flesh with a sweet tropical flavour. The rich taste is described as a blend of peach, nectarine, apricot and melon with hints of honey and citrus, only better...
Moringa or "drumstick" trees are native to India. The leaves have been used in Ayurvedic medicine for millennia and are rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. More studies are needed, but research suggests that moringa consumption may help to reduce inflammation, blood sugar, cholesterol and even blood pressure.
For 2 servings, blend until smooth:
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1.5 to 2 cups fresh ripe Alphonso mango (or other ripe or frozen mango chunks)
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (nonvegan) or unflavoured protein powder of choice
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free flaxseed meal or 1/4 to 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp spirulina powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chlorella powder (optional)
- 1 tsp moringa leaf powder (optional)
- 1 tsp matcha powder (optional)
- pure stevia or raw honey (nonvegan) to sweeten as desired
- ice as desired