This cacao and kale creation is crazy healthy and happens to taste like double chocolate chip cookie dough! Now how good is that?!?
Kale is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. For only 33 calories per cup, you get loads of amazing goodness - fibre, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and even 3 grams of protein!
Kale and chocolate go surprisingly well together. Thankfully, we are happy kale eaters in my family, but for any non-salad-lovers out there (or parents with them!), this is a fantastic way to get in some extra greens.
For 2 servings, blend together until smooth:
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 handfuls fresh baby kale
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 scoops or packets collagen peptides (omit for vegan)
- 1/4 cup raw pecans (pre-soaked in warm water for 6 hours then drained to improve digestion)
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp lucuma powder
- 2 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp matcha powder (optional)
- pure stevia or raw honey (nonvegan) to sweeten as desired
Sprinkle with raw cacao nibs or toppings of choice & serve!