This mango & kombucha blend was a huge hit with my recipe testers & my chicklets! And as the resident Doctor Mom, I’m certainly not complaining. In addition to delivering gut-healthy probiotics, it’s packed with veggies + healthy fats + protein + fiber, and even some adaptogens & tocotrienols (tocos) for good measure!
Kombucha is a naturally carbonated, fermented tea-based probiotic drink that promotes gut health and helps to detoxify the body. While it may be a new trend here, it is actually an ancient elixir with origins in the Far East around 2000 years ago!
More studies are needed, but it is believed that consumption may also promote healthy weight loss, strengthen the immune system, boost energy, and reduce cholesterol, inflammation & joint pain as well as the risk of certain cancers. Click here for more information on probiotics and gut health.
For 2 servings, blend together until smooth:
- 2 cups frozen ripe mango
- 1 cup steamed-then-frozen cauliflower
- 1 bottle (12 oz) mango-flavoured kombucha (I used Tonica Kombucha)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 scoops or Tbsp collagen peptides (omit for vegan)
- 1 Tbsp white chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sun Potion tocos (optional)
- 2 tsp gelatinized maca powder
- raw honey or stevia to taste
- optional toppings: bee pollen, raw cacao nibs, nut or seed butter