Chocolate and pecans are truly a match made in heaven. These portable superfood-boosted beauties are free of grains and refined sugar, but packed with fibre, protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants galore.
Cacao is the purest form of chocolate we can consume. It is free of all the unhealthy sugar and other additives found in most processed chocolate. And it is a nutritional powerhouse! Raw cacao is unbelievably rich in antioxidants and minerals including iron and magnesium. Furthermore, it is a great source of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine, making it a natural mood enhancer.
Ingredients for 10-12 balls:
- 1 cup unsalted roasted pecans
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 scoop unflavoured protein powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional or substitute another scoop protein powder)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp maca powder (optional)
- 2 to 3 Tbsp MCT or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- optional 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- Put 1 cup pecans, cacao, protein powder, collagen powder, cacao powder, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, and maca into blender container. Blend until well-chopped.
- Add 2 Tbsp MCT or coconut oil along with the vanilla and pitted dates. Blend until a uniform paste is created, scraping the sides and bottom with a rubber spatula as needed. If mixture seems dry, add the 3rd tablespoon of oil.
- Add crushed pecans (optional for texture) and stir until well mixed.
- Scrape sticky mixture onto a plate or parchment paper. Roll into approximately 10 balls.
Enjoy as-is or store in an air-tight container in the fridge for a week, or the freezer for up to 2 months.