I just love this no-oats (noats) grain-free porridge. Not only is it packed with fibre, protein, healthy fats and pre & probiotics, but it tastes like warm banana cake that you can eat with a spoon! Now how good is that?!?
The base version is suitable for vegans, but collagen peptides can be added for an extra protein boost if desired.
Ingredients for one generous serving:
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped walnuts (I just pulse-blended walnut halves in the Vitamix)
- 1 Tbsp ground tiger nuts (prebiotic fibre)
- 1 cup unsweetened walnut or almond milk
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed with a fork
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop or packet collagen peptides (omit for vegan)
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp shelled hemp seeds (gluten-free if needed)
- optional toppings: sliced or caramelized banana, chopped walnuts, toasted coconut chips, raw cacao nibs
- Put coconut flour, walnuts, tiger nuts and almond milk into a small pot over medium heat and stir to combine.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low and stir-in mashed banana and cinnamon.
- Allow porridge to simmer for several minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir-in collagen (if using), flaxseed meal, and hemp seeds.
Serve immediately with your favourite toppings or store in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 days in the fridge. Enjoy cold or reheat before serving.