This chai-spiced superfood-boosted oatmeal bowl is a real charmer! Make it the night before for a smooth morning meal.
Ingredients for 4 servings, mix together the following:
- 1/2 cup raw gluten-free steel-cut oats
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground or chopped walnuts (omit for nut-free)
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp each of ground cardamom, ginger and cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond or nut-free milk + additional as needed
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pure stevia, raw honey (nonvegan) or maple syrup as desired
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, hemp seeds, quinoa flakes, walnuts, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, maca, and spices.
- Add 1 & 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk and vanilla and stir well to combine. Sweeten as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir well, adding additional almond or nut-free milk as needed for desired consistency.
Serve with your favourite “breakfast sundae” toppings such as yogurt "whipped cream" (Greek or non-dairy coconut yogurt), shredded coconut, peanuts/nuts/seeds, and berries.