As many of you know, I’ll cook anything I can in my cast-iron skillet and pancakes are no exception! When I make regular pancakes, I inevitably end up doing multiple batches and spending my time flipping while the rest of the family eats.
This is such an easy and delicious alternative that allows us all to sit down together to one giant and delicious pancake! We’ve even been known to eat it right out of the pan!
Ingredients for one large skillet pancake:
- 5 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- box of Simple Mills grain-free pancake mix
- 1/2 cup collagen peptides (or protein powder of choice)
- 1 Tbsp gelatinized maca powder (optional)
- 1 Tbsp beetroot powder (optional)
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- optional toppings: fresh fruit, coconut cream, maple syrup, chia jam, or other toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and almond milk.
- Add pancake mix, collagen/protein powder, maca, and beetroot powder and blend well. Stir-in strawberries.
- Scrape batter into skillet and bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Broil for 2 min (being very careful to avoid burning) at the end for that crispy top & fluffy inside experience!
- Serve with toppings as desired.