The photo here does not do these AMAZING gluten-free vegan oats justice!! And triple 🙌 🙌 🙌 because they are packed with protein, healthy fats, and that awesome stress-busting, libido-boosting adaptogen, maca!
Even better, this gooey caramel superfood-boosted porridge comes together in just minutes and soaks overnight so it’s ready for a quick morning meal! That being said, it is also awesome heated-up if you are craving a warm brekkie.
I usually prep a BIG bowl of these hearty oats for my family of 5. However, they can also be made in single-serving mason jars to grab & go.
Ingredients per serving:
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup canned organic full-fat coconut milk*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew nut milk
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp cashew nut butter
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp white chia seeds
- 1 scoop unflavoured or vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp sea salt
- sweetener as desired*
- optional toppings: sliced banana, roasted unsalted cashews, toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup
*Notes: This recipe makes a wonderfully creamy and satisfying porridge. For a lighter option, use more cashew milk in place of the coconut milk. In terms of sweetener, I often use 1 to 2 finely diced pitted Medjool dates. Other good options include mashed ripe banana, a couple tsp raw honey (novegan), pure maple syrup, or stevia to taste.
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl or single-serving mason jar(s) and stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for a minimum of 6 hours and maximum 4 days).
- In the morning, these can be served chilled or heated as desired.
- Add toppings and enjoy!