I first made this smoothie when Toronto was in the middle of a deep freeze. We're talking -24C (or -11F)!! I had just been out for a brisk walk following a light brekkie and came home chilled to the bone but craving a smoothie.
This warm berry and coconut drink was the perfect solution. Plus the healthy fats and protein kept me happily fuelled for hours!
For 2 servings, blend together until smooth:
- 2 cups canned organic full-fat coconut milk, warmed
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or thawed frozen berries)*
- 2 packets or scoops collagen peptides*
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- optional stevia or raw honey (nonvegan) to sweeten as desired
*Notes: I don't mind the little raspberries seeds. However, you could certainly strain these out after blending.
I used 2 packets Crushed Tonic probiotic collagen (not sponsored). Each packet includes 10g marine collagen, 1 billion units probiotics and 1,000 mcg biotin. For a vegan option, substitute one scoop protein powder.