Ruby red grapefruit combines beautifully with pomegranate, banana and coconut to create this pretty pink citrus delight.
Grapefruit is rich in minerals, fibre and vitamins including vitamin C. The pink and red varieties get their lovely hue from lycopene, a carotenoid phytonutrient that has been found to have powerful anti-cancer effects. Ruby reds are in peak season in the southern United States from November throught spring, so now’s the perfect time to get some!
For 2 servings, blend together until smooth:
- 1 cup peeled and diced ruby red or pink grapefruit
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut water
- 1/2 cup canned organic coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 packets of Crushed Tonic original probiotic collagen elixir (optional)*
- 2 Tbsp white chia seeds
- optional raw honey (nonvegan) or pure stevia to sweeten as desired
Notes: Each packet Crushed Tonic contains 10 grams marine collagen, 1 billion units probiotics and 1,000 mcg biotin. Vegans can substitute 1/4 cup shelled hemp hearts (gluten-free if needed) or one scoop natural protein powder of choice.