If you need to recover from a few days of overindulgence, this refreshing and antioxidant-rich Raspberry, Acai & Pomegranate smoothie is at your rescue!
Pomegranate seeds have a beautiful bright-red colour and a lovely tart-sweet flavour & crunch. And they are extremely nutrient-dense: For very few calories, you get loads of vitamins, minerals & fibre, as well as heart-healthy, cancer-fighting, anti-inflammatory phytochemicals!
To make 2 servings, blend together until smooth:
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut water
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup canned organic coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 to 2 Tbsp acai powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pure agave or pure maple syrup to sweeten as desired
For a 'real meal deal', add 1 scoop unflavoured protein powder of choice and/or one scoop collagen powder.. Add almond milk to adjust to desired consistency.