This refreshing honeydew melon smoothie delivers some superfood magic thanks to the watercress and chlorella. And the healthy fats, protein and fibre keep the body happy and satisfied for hours!
For 2 servings, blend together until smooth:
- 1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1.5 cups diced ripe honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup frozen green grapes
- handful of fresh watercress
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 Tbsp shelled hemp seeds*
- 1 scoop unflavoured protein powder of choice* (optional)
- 1 tsp chlorella powder
- raw honey (nonvegan), pure stevia or agave to sweeten as desired
*Notes: For a gluten-free option, omit the hemp hearts or substitute gluten-free flaxseed meal. I used 1 scoop Genuine Health unflavoured fermented vegan protein powder.