A lassi is a popular Indian yogurt-based drink. My kids love mangoes and mint, so we decided to add some peppermint pizzazz to our fav vegan fruit lassi!
This mango shake is thick and creamy with a tropical tangy-sweet-tart taste and minty freshness. But it is also loaded with vitamins, electrolytes & antioxidants and provides fibre, protein and healthy fats to nourish our bodies, minds and souls ~
For a paleovegan lassi, I made my own probiotic coconut yogurt. However, you can certainly substitute your choice of higher-fat, unsweetened nondairy or Greek yogurt.
For 1-2 servings, blend until smooth:
- 1 cup fresh and/or frozen mango
- 1/2 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut water (we made ours super thick; adjust to desired consistency)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground turmeric
- a few drops of pure peppermint extract (or substitute a few sprigs fresh mint leaves)
- pure stevia, agave or honey (nonvegan) to sweeten as desired