This family-friendly cherry & chocolate smoothie is certain to put a smile on everyone's face.
Cherries are little red gems rich in vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants such as anthocyanins. Research suggests that cherry consumption can help to reduce inflammation as well as the risk of cancer and Alzheimer's. Cherries are a natural source of melatonin, which helps to promote healthy sleep and induce a sense of calm.
For 2 servings, blend together until smooth:
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pure stevia, agave or maple syrup to sweeten as desired