Get creative and have fun with the toppings on this beautiful superfood & protein-boosted blueberry smoothie bowl!!
Blueberries are bursting with flavour and nutrition. They are packed with amazing phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and fibre.
Blueberries get their deep blue hue from anthocyanins, which are powerful antioxidants. In fact, blueberries contain among the highest antioxidant capacities of all the commonly consumed fruits and vegetables. These natural disease-fighting agents help in the prevention of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and even cognitive impairment!
For one large or 2 smaller servings, blend together until smooth:
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 scoop unflavoured protein powder, such as Genuine Health fermented vegan protein
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk (adjust to desired consistency)
- 1 Tbsp acai powder (optional)
- 1 tsp chlorella powder (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sweeten with agave or raw honey (nonvegan) as desired
Serve with your favourite toppings. Here, I have added homemade granola, puffed quinoa, macadamia nuts and fresh blueberries.