YES!!! This protein-boosted chocolate almond maca chia pudding defines nutritious-and-delicious.
Better still, it is made the night before so all you need to do in the morning is add your favourite toppings!
Chia seeds have a mild nutty taste and are super healthy and versatile. They are rich in fibre, minerals, protein, antioxidants, and healthy fats.
Maca is a great superfood booster and its slightly earthy, butterscotch taste blends well with chocolate & almond. In addition to providing extra vitamins and minerals, maca is recognized as a herbal "adaptogen". This means it helps the body to regulate cortisol levels and deal with stress. Maca may help to relieve anxiety while also boosting energy, concentration, and even libido.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops unflavoured protein powder
- 4 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pure stevia or raw honey (nonvegan) to sweeten as desired
- 6 Tbsp chia seeds
- optional toppings: berries, nuts (almonds), raw cacao nibs, unsweetened coconut flakes
- Put the almond milk, protein powder, almond butter, cacao, maca, vanilla and sweetener into blender container and blend until smooth.
- Add chia seeds and blend on low until combined.
- Pour into bowl or single-serving mason jars and cover.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes, then whisk or shake well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Serve the following morning with your favourite toppings!